The Mentorship Program is now accepting applications for the 2011/2012 academic year!
The Mentorship Program is a unique course union and peer-to-peer initiative offered by the International Relations Society. In addition to pairing first and second year students with an upper-year mentor, we offer a variety of programming directed at students recently admitted to the International Relations Programme as well as those intending to apply for entry.
The program was created with the purpose of granting lower-year students experiential perspective and guidance of an upper-year peer. Drawing on a wide range of relevant areas within student life such as academics, extra-curriculars, career and research opportunities, Mentors endeavor to pass on invaluable resources and insight that will assist Mentees with their quest for well-rounded success.
- First and Second Year students are eligible to apply as Mentees. Mentee Application Form (DOC).
- Third and Fourth Year students are eligible to apply as Mentors. Mentor Application Form (DOC).
Intended 2011/2012 Initiatives:
- Academic Workshops: Designed to prepare mentees for midterms and exams in key first and second year IR courses.
- An International Relations Summer: The workshop will discuss how to utilize your summers through internships, language exchanges, summers abroad, and research and job opportunities.
- Beyond Academics: Workshop constructed to help students find out more about extra-curricular activities on campus and beyond. These include summer internships, charities, organizations and clubs.
- Career Day: Wondering what your dream career might look like in practice? Each mentor and mentee will spend one afternoon at a local area of work (law firm, bank, NGO, academic department, consulates and more).
Reasons to be a Mentor?
Each Mentor will receive a Certification of Mentorship from the International Relations Society. Having experience as a mentor is a great way to boost your CV, it helps you to establish great contacts, and allows you to enrich the undergraduate experience of a first or second year student.
All mentee and mentor applications should be forwarded to: email@example.com